Sunday, November 11, 2007

I hate CROUP!

...It's just plain annoying! Carson had croup last night and we ended up taking him to the ER. He had a rough night on Friday and was doing slightly better throughout the day on Saturday, but we decided to take him Saturday night to the ER so we didn't have another terrible night. They gave him a steroid and three breathing treatments. Carson was sooo good for the first couple hours, then lost it the last hour. I think he was just extremely exhausted by that point. But, he improved slightly and we got some medicine to take home and he had a much better night last night. He is still really active, but it's always hard to see your little guy sick. Bryn had a little runny nose, but fortunately nothing too bad. I just hate having sick kids...you know what I mean?

3 comments:

GFP said...

I know what you mean, sistafriend!

soup for croup! might work.

Crystal said...

mike, you're so crazy! Sick kids is the worst, I always feel so bad for them, and there's only so much you can do! Last week we took Tyler in to the Dr. for a double ear infection, a virus, and cutting 3 teeth. He was also coughing and he sounded like a seal. He was not a happy boy. He's feeling better now though. It's so sad when they're sick. I'm glad Carson is doing better! Give him a hug for me.

Unknown said...

Oh, I know!!!! I don't think there is anything worse than sick kids. My kids always get sick at the worst times too--it is always when we have a lot to do, or family is in town, stuff like that.