Friday, March 20, 2009

Chick - fil - A Update


So, I emailed Chick-fil-a about the chicken bone Carson found in his chicken nugget and they responded with this:

Dear Ms. Loveridge:

We sincerely regret that you found a bone in the (Insert Food Product) that you purchased. Chick-fil-A has strict quality control standards, and it is our intention that all Chick-fil-A chicken products are served boneless. We make on-site quality inspections in the plants of our chicken suppliers and spare no effort to ensure the quality of the chicken that is delivered to our restaurants. We appreciate your bringing this to our attention and apologize for failing to meet your expectations.

If you still have the bone, we would appreciate it if you would take it to the Operator at this location, or mail it to us, for follow-up with our supplier. Please send it to the following:

Mr. Tom Childers
Food Safety and Supplier Quality
Chick-fil-A, Inc.
5200 Buffington Road
Atlanta, Georgia 30349-2998


Again, we do apologize for this incident. Your shipping expense will be reimbursed. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

As a token of appreciation for contacting us, I'll be sending you two Chick-fil-A CARES Guest Cards which should arrive at your provided mailing address in 7 to 10 business days. Again, thank you for your time and interest in Chick-fil-A.

I was happy to get a speedy response to my concern, but laughed when they asked me to ship them the chicken bone. My sister had told me they would probably ask for it, but who the heck wraps up a nasty chewed on chicken bone and sticks it in their purse...not me! Oh well, I told them i didn't have it anymore and thanked them for their response. Now I'm interested to see what these Chick-fil-A CARES guest cards are that they are sending me...I hope it's like a million free meals....j/k...I'll take whateva! Thanks Chick-fil-A!!

9 comments:

Crystal said...

I bit into a nasty thumb nail once in a blueberry Hostess pie. It was so gross. I wrote to them and complained and sent them the nail. I got a response saying that they found no traces of blueberry stain on the thumbnail and they basically didn't believe me. They also sent me coupons for more Hostess pies! Like I was going to ever eat another one! Ewww. Tell Carson I feel his pain!

Nettie! said...

I'm glad they responded and will give you gift cards.

Kevin bit into a piece of a plate in his food at a Mexican restaurant once. They didn't do anything for us. It was years until we went back...only because he won a free gift card there. I don't want to pay to eat there again...

Sara said...

Oh, that is nasty. But very cool that they responded quickly and will be sending gift cards. :)

Ken said...

As I suspected, Chick-fil-a "gets it." A bad experience is a great opportunity for a company to make amends in a way that impresses someone so much that they might, oh, I don't know...write it on their blog for all of their friends and family members to see.

Despite a chicken bone in your meal, their smart response clearly worked out in their favor.

Janet said...

Or you could have taken the opportunity to sue them and become millionaires over this traumatic experience! (But I'm glad you didn't.) No one's perfect...I've had a small bone slip into some of my homemade chicken dishes such as chicken ala king (very rarely, of course). But it happens. Enjoy whatever freebies you get!

GFP said...

when i was in my first year of college, i was saddened to find that the last of 10 York peppermint patties that I had (and was so looking forward to eating) was empty! it was a 10 pack, but the final package was a bag of air. sealed tight and ballooned up. i squeezed it gently and determined it was empty. then i carefully taped it (a staple could have punctured it) and mailed it off to the company. I later received coupons worth more than the initial 99 cents i paid for the product. Yum, mint and chocolate. anyone got some to spare?

Prayers Heard in Heaven said...

Guys, you have to get a lawyer (contingency free set-up) when these things happen, with a lawyer then automatically skip the gift card and similar types of apologies and quickly discuss monetary relief.

Anonymous said...

I once found a bone in my McChicken sandwich at Taco Bell. Then I found a feather in my burrito from Chick-fi-la.

Anonymous said...

I once found a bone in my McChicken sandwich at Taco Bell. Then I found a feather in my burrito from Chick-fi-la.