Thursday, March 5, 2009

I thought this day would never come...

....WE GOT A HOUSE!!!! What an emotional roller coaster this has been!! I am so excited to say that we finally got one. I know, we haven't actually been looking THAT long for houses, but we've been trying super hard. This was the SIXTH offer we put on a house, all of which we were overbidding on...talk about a tough market! If everything works out, we'll be closing on this house in a month! This one is so nice, here are the stats, good and bad....but, mostly good :)

4 years old
4 bedrooms upstairs
2.5 baths
1 fireplace
1 cute mud room
1 big backyard
.26 acre lot
2 car garage
cool stone/rock on bottom of house
1 long driveway
0 sidewalks (this makes me very sad)
1 unfinished basement (actually the framing/plumbing is done, so it's half finished. We're going to check into finishing it off soon.)
nice neighborhood, there's a playground and there's suppose to be a pool somewhere
less than 1 mile from brand new WEGMANS!
close to super Target and lots of other shopping
less than .5 miles to Elementary school
all schools rated really good
about 30-40mins from Dan's work
5 mins from church
bummer left turn, with no light, out to busy street from neighborhood (hopefully won't be too bad)
empty lot next to ours. fun to play in now, maybe construction some time in the future.
less than 1 mile from WEGMANS....oh wait, did I already say that?

Okay...wanna see it??? Here you go!

27 comments:

it's just lisa said...

Wow! What a nice place, congrats guys. I don't know how I found your blog, but I'm glad I did. You guys are so great! Enjoy the new home.

Moonsahra said...

Yeah! I'm so happy for you! I hope that everything goes smoothly with the closing. You guys deserve it after that hunt.

Mary said...

Congratulations! I'm sure you will love it - despite the lack of sidewalks :) It looks very pretty!

Ro said...

yay, can't wait to come visit you in your new house!!! i'm so excited for you!

Kristine said...

congratulations. I think i would be most excited to be close to a wegmans. i hope all goes smoothly so you can move in soon.

the design boss said...

I am so happy for you!! It looks great, and now we can go to Wegmen's ever time I come down!! I am so excited!!

Nelson fam said...

That's awesome! Nice house, you did good :-)

Unknown said...

YEAH!!!!! Your home is beautiful!!!! I can't wait to see it in person!!! WE can help you move in, if you need it.

Wendi said...

Hey Lynette,

Wow!! Congratulations!! The house is awesome-I am happy for you BUT...

Man am I JEALOUS!! I can't even imagine living in a house like that...and that kitchen...I am salivating!!

Honestly, that is awesome. Is it down by the Wegmans by Potomac Mills Mall? Because that isn't too far from us. We would for sure visit-that is my favorite mall to shop at!!

Debbie said...

congrats!!! it is so cute!! i hope everything goes smoothly for you guys.

Unknown said...

YEAH!!!!! Your home is beautiful!!!! I can't wait to see it in person!!! WE can help you move in, if you need it.

A.Pandina said...

So glad to hear this will be over soon for you! It's a beautiful house, I want a new one too. Again, glad to hear this chapter is almost over for you! What a relief.

Jolynn said...

Congrats! It looks great! It is great living in a place where you don't have to share walls with your neighbors.

Ken said...

Good grief; so much for being the first poster to congratulate you with a mighty "Woot, woot!!"

Janet said...

Congratulations! It looks like a very lovely home with many great things about it. (This may sound odd, but I'm jealous of the cute mud room.) I hope you end up loving your new home!

Erin said...

GORGEOUS! i'm so so so so so so happy for you!

Bonnie said...

YEAH! I am so happy for you to finally have a house! Let us know if you need anything:)

Jenni said...

Yay!!! The house is gorgeous and it sounds like the location is awesome for you!!(I'm so sad I never got to go to Wegmans with you!!)CONGRATS!!:)

Sam and Heidi said...

Looks perfect! Congratulations! Now, when does the moving in begin?

Lyndsay Detro said...

Congratulations!!!!! It looks SO nice! That has got to feel so good to have that over with. The sidewalks are definitely a bummer, but it will be so nice to be so close to all that shopping and church and school. Awesome!!

Jules said...

I love the new house! Miss you guys!

The Mann Family said...

Congrats! It's beautiful! I'm so glad the crazy house hunting is over for you guys!

Hannah Ramos said...

So when is the open house?? J/K, I think you have to close first and get your stuff moved in. Or maybe you should have a move in party? Jaime and I are SOOO excited for you! It's beautiful and there isn't a family more deserving. We can't wait to get together soon.

ckcclan said...

I love it! I'm so happy that you finally got a house. It is not fun living in limbo.

Elise said...

Lynette, it looks beautiful! Congratulations!

Leslie Green said...

Wow, that is a lot of house! Congrats!! If you can believe it, I've still never been to a Wegman's!!

Sara said...

I love it! Beautiful!