Monday, March 9, 2009

my new mini-obsession

In the last few months I've discovered Craigslist. I haven't sold anything on it or bought anything from it, but I've been obsessed with looking at it. Now especially since we're buying a house, it's fun to look at cheap things to furnish it. I also am obsessed with the idea of refurbishing something...like a dresser or a chair or something! I've never done this before either, but it seams like it would be fun. Have any of you done this before, and if so, where did you learn how to??? Do I need to get books from the library? Look online? I want to learn how to repaint something, but I also think it would be fun to reupolster a chair or something too....am I going crazy?!?!?! Any ideas?

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

I love it too:) I have found some great deals. Sorry, I don't really know much about recovering anything.

Nelson fam said...

I wanted to restain some of our furniture too after moving into our house. I never got around to it though I think that is a great idea. It makes your stuff seem new even though it's not :-)

Sara said...

I love craigslist!

A.Pandina said...

Nick too, he can't go a day without browsing craigslist. It drives me crazy! Craigslist is great, I love to clean house and sell stuff.

Wendi said...

I share your obsession!! I just refinished the top of our dining room table and it was very fun and rewarding. I could totally get into refinishing stuff, if we had more room-like a garage. It can get really dirty and smelly:) If you are serious aobut it, I do suggest an electric sander-helps a lot:)

I'm also obsessed with consignment sales and have tons of toys ready to sell. We have to make room for birthday toys"_