Thursday, July 22, 2010

the garden

Well, half of our garden shriveled up and died, but the other half seems to be doing something!  We have had several cucumbers and several super huge zucchinis!  I made some zucchini bread and also a zucchini chocolate cake, which was really good.  We're hoping the pumpkins are successful too!  We'll try next year to see if we can keep the entire garden alive. 

On a side note, we've been having a blast with my brother's family here.  They are here for two weeks and we're loving it!  I enjoy having Roxie (my sis-n-law) around to talk to and hang out with, and the kids are having fun with their cousins.  We've had fun playing outside, swimming, etc.  I'll post some pictures next week when Dan comes home with the camera.

And one last thing.  Little miss Bryn has a tiny cold and I'm loving it!  Is that terrible?  She was cuddly and sweet today and went to bed tonight like a dream child!  I don't think I've put her to bed without her angrily screaming her lungs out at me for months!  She is always arguing and negotiating things with me until I give an ultimatum and leave.  Well tonight there was NONE of that.  And she wasn't pathetically sick...just sweet and easy, happily singing her songs....i LOVED it!!!  I hope you feel better soon Bryn, but maybe keep this easy to put to bed thing going a bit longer. 

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Hey, nice garden and all---but what about the baby counter!!! Congratulations! I am so excited for you guys! And I am so happy that we get to still be in the same ward! What luck!