Thursday, July 15, 2010

What's on my mind

* I've been thinking about swim lessons for my kids for months now...why have I not signed them up yet!  There are always conflicts...dang it!

* I think I need to carry DEET in my purse b/c my kiddos have a combined total of over 50 mosquito bites right now...ouch! 

* I wish we could live close to every friend we have.

* I love how Carson plays so well with his best friend, Lindsey....they are so cute together!

* Will I ever be able to keep my house clean for more than 2 hours?

* Maybe I shouldn't go to the pool for 4 hours in the middle of the day.  Even if I do reapply sunblock on my kids...poor things have red faces!  We sure had fun though!

* When will have energy again?

* Carson and Brynlee really love swimming and are quite daring these days.

* Dan is excited for his trip to UT to go hiking with his brothers and dad.  He's going to have a great time.  Me?  I'm a bit jealous.

* Carson recently has been taking off on his bike and loves riding around the neighborhood with Dan.  I'm so happy he's liking his bike more these days.

* We've been loving having my brother Ken living with us for the summer.  He's here for an internship.  He hasn't been any trouble AT ALL and we love having him here!  My kids LOVE their uncle Ken!

* We can't wait for Uncle Ken's family to visit us for 2 weeks...we're going to have so fun with our full house!

* How can a person so little (not even three, but I'm not naming names) be so hard to handle??  I question my parenting every day with that little one.  So cute, yet so darn difficult!  Any suggestions friends??

* Why did that difficult little person decide to cut her own hair?  It's really not that bad, but I kinda took some pride in stylin' her hair all cute.  She'll be getting a "touch-up" cut soon. 

* For my whole life I just burned in the sun...no tan, just burn.  I still burn (but not usually b/c I wear sunscreen), but instead I'm getting frecklier by the second.  My whole back is one big freckle!  Why does that happen? 

* I'm really liking this ward a lot.  So many fun people, so many fun things to do!  I tried Bunco for the first time...pretty fun!

* Where should we take a quick family trip in August?  Any ideas?

* When will I get back in the groove of crafting...man, it's been a while. 

* Will I ever actually finish decorating my house?

* Why have I still not returned a table I borrowed from my friend over a month ago?  (I'm sorry Brooke!  I promise I'll give it back soon!)

* How will Carson do at school in the fall.  Is he ready?  Am I ready? 

* Carson doesn't usually like to go to church on Sundays.  So, I was so happy to hear him tell me in the car yesterday "you know mom?  I don't really like to go to church, but I think I just need to remember that I like it when I get there.  I just forget how much fun it is."  Maybe I don't need to worry about him as much after all :)

* How many things can be on one person's mind?

* I love when Brynlee makes up her own songs and dances to them.  They usually go like this (sing in sing songy voice) "My daddy is at work!  But, my mommy is at home!  My daddy will be home in a minute!".  Funny girl.

* Okay, if you've read this far, you're amazing!  I think I'll stop now.  That's enough to think about for one day.  Goodnight!

9 comments:

Gina said...

That's a lot for one mind! You'll sleep better having it all out I bet. You are too cute. :) I love pool time too. And amen to hard 2 year olds. Not to name names- but Avery is so in that phase right now! Tantrums- and always YELLING I DO IT MYSEFF MoM! Love it!

Lyndsay Detro said...

I love that you've written down everything you're thinking about. I wonder what would end up on my list if I actually decided to write it all down. And yes, you should be coming to Utah with Dan. What's up with that?!?! We want to see you. It's been too long!

Arnold said...

Actually my identity is Carolyn not Arnold but the way to cope wit the un-nameable is "wait 6 months" it will be better (in early childhood parlance she is in a time of disequilibrium). Another thing to consider is find a preschool experience to give you both a break (a couple of mornings a week when Carson goes off to kindergarten). Finally, find a friend to trade kids with - gives both mom's a break.

Carolyn Loveridge - a relative you have never met.

Unknown said...

I love you!!! You do have a lot on your mind, but doesn't every mom? We need to hang out sometime...maybe in August, after things settle down. :)

Nancy said...

Loved reading your written thoughts. You sound like a good mom and wife with a wonderful family life! Always lots to think and worry about but that comes with it. I enjoy your blog. Keeps us informed with your family and even here with your Utah connections.

Roxie said...

I liked your post! We can't wait to see you tomorrow! =] Regarding parenting, my sister had a very difficult time disciplining her first child. She found a book called "Love and Logic" that she really liked and says the ideas in there REALLY work for him. I'm sure it doesn't work for every child, but she swears by it. So, you might check it out. I'm planning on reading it now that Jake is getting to be much more difficult in terms of discipline as well. It's so hard to know how to handle all the little things they do! It's a good thing they are so darn cute!! =]

Marsha said...

Hi Lynette,
That was such a fun post to read! I loved it because it reminded me of the million different things swarming in my head! I'm far too lazy to write them all down but maybe it would help! :)
Marsha

Johnsons of Haymarket said...

I love your blog, Lynette. I am so glad that you moved into our ward and I want to get to know your little family better. I also have a difficult second child and I would love some advice too. As far as the vacation goes, maybe you should rent yurt and invite us to come along :)

Brooke said...

No worries, Lynette! You may borrow (and then highjack) my table at anytime. :)