Wednesday, July 7, 2010

No more long commuting...yippeee!


I will no longer have to commute to MD for my job.  I have worked up there for 5 1/2 years and I'm sad to leave all my friends there.  I think I might have to sneak a shift up there every now and then just to see everybody!  But, the exciting news is that Patient First in Manassas opens TODAY and I'll be working there from now on.  It's only about 20mins away...not too bad!  It is brand new and really nice!  Basically just like my old place, but with a few new fancy techy things.  I've met many of my new coworkers and they are all great!  My boss is my age and seems super nice too!  I think I'm really going to enjoy getting to know everyone.  It will be exciting to be at a new facility right from the beginning and watching it grow.  Last night was the open house and I was able to give tours to local community people, such as the city manager of Manassas Park.  Area doctors, news reporters, etc were there and it was fun talking to them and introducing them to our new place.  This job has been really good for me and my family and I'm so thankful for it (even if I never want to go :)  If you ever get sick or hurt and need an urgent care, come by and see us!

6 comments:

A.Pandina said...

That is so exciting! It'll make your life so much easier to work closer to home. I really hope you LOVE working there.

Wendi said...

Man, Lynette. How on earth do you take care of your family, do all your amazing crafty stuff, keep your house looking like it came out of a magazine and still WORK nursing shifts? You are seriously amazing!!!

Bonnie said...

Congrats:) I'm glad you found something closer.

Gina said...

So awesome you cute working girl. Hopefully we won't be needing any visits to your office this summer! But if we do... we'll know where to go. :)

Jolynn said...

That will be much nicer. I am excited for you. I would come and visit, but it is just a little out of the way.

Ruth said...

We need one up here in central PA. We have nothing in the way of urgent care up here and I hate always having to go to the ER instead. Talk them into it! Hershey!