Friday, September 14, 2007

Look....a Pirate!

So, lately Carson really likes Pirates. Dan decided that he should be a pirate for halloween. Now he talks about it all the time...."Arrrr". Today while we were walking into the library a lady was walking out wearing a patch on her eye. Well, guess what Carson said.....yep, you guessed it....."look Daddy...PIRATE, PIRATE!!!". Dan was soo embarrassed and quickly responded "yes, Carson you're going to be a pirate for halloween". We're not sure the lady even realized what he was talking about, but it was pretty funny/embarrassing. I'm pretty sure this is just the beginning on embarrassing things our kids will say.

On a different note. I had an ultrasound today to see how big the baby is getting. They were thinking she may be larger b/c Carson was 8lb 10oz and this pregnancy I was close to having gestational diabetes (i barely made the cut off, so they thought i might be a little glucose intolerant which can produce bigger babies). So the ultrasound estimated that she weighs about 9lbs!!! YIKES!!! The u/s can be off by a pound, so it's not a perfect thing, but either way, she is on the big side. The funny thing is that I've only gained 10lbs the whole pregnancy and the last 8 were this last month. I have been feeling great and don't feel any bigger this time around than I did with Carson. But, he was a good size...but also 9 days late. So, the plan is to induce me to give me the best chance of avoiding a c-section. I'm totally fine with that. I'm now waiting for them to schedule the induction, they are hoping for Tuesday night next week. Crazy stuff! I'm excited to have her. It's weird though, I don't feel like I've prepared much b/c we have everything from Carson. But, I think we're ready...i hope :) I'll keep you updated on the latest.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, hey! Tuesday next week?! That is great! Or... is it? I've never been induced, so I can only imagine there are nice things about being able to plan ahead a bit. I'm so excited for you Lynette - it's almost time to meet that sweet baby girl!

Mendy said...

Those ultrasounds for weights are so funny--it's like plus or minus a pound which is a ton of weight in a newborn. I had one with Mackenna and it said she was like nine and a half pound and then she was born three days later weighing barely eight!

I can't wait for you to meet your little girl--even if it means you won't be at card club next week. I've missed chatting with you girls.

Malinda said...

Hopefully uour induction will go as smoothly as mine did with Tyler. It was about 3 1/2 hours from when they started the patocin to when i had her.

Good luck!

Unknown said...

yeah!!!! Watch out, when you plan to have the baby, then she will want to come on her own!!!

Mary said...

Tuesday as in like 4 days from now? Wowee! I bet it's nice to know when to plan for!

We're still happy to have Carson the Pirate (Aaarg!) come hang with us if you need him to.

Jenni said...

Wow, you are so close to becoming a family of 4! Best wishes for a smooth induction and delivery! Can't wait to see those baby pictures!!

janeen said...

Congrats and ggod luck!