Saturday, September 15, 2007

Super Saturday!

What a fun day I had! It was Super Saturday for the women at church. This is where we all get together and do fun craft projects. I made a cool clock and another craft that I'm going to give to my mom and sister for Christmas ( so I better not put a picture here ). It was a lot of fun to hang out with friends and do crafty things. The clock was fun and a pain to make, but Michelle (one of our young women) helped me do it...she did a ton and it looks awesome! It was also especially a fun day b/c my good friend Tami came up and went to Super Saturday too. She is the best and we always have fun together. All the boys (Dan, Carson, and Tami's husband Scott and son, Kyle) hung out at home while we were there. When we got back we hung out and then went to dinner...it was great! It's fun having awesome friends...you guys are the best! Here's a picture of the clock....


******************************************************************************************
I have some really sad news...I am currently sewing-machine-less. This is terrible!!! I have two machines and they are both messed up. It's my own fault that I have two that don't work at the same time b/c my newest one has been having some issues for months now and I just barely took it into the shop to be looked at. Well, only 2 days later, my older one (which has been having some other issues) died on me....arrrgghh!!! I was NOT happy at all....really sad actually. I have soooo much fabric and so many plans for it and now I have nothing to use to make it....bummer! Hopefully I will get my one back from the shop next week, but probably not before I have a baby. This baby better like to sleep so I can get some sewing done :) Here's a picture of my new favorite dress I made last week. I just need to sew a couple buttons on the back. I love the way it turned out...i just hope it fits her okay.


***************************************************************************************
We also got our carpets cleaned yesterday...yippee!! We hadn't had them really cleaned since we moved into our house 3 years ago and they were NASTY! They had serious oil and grease stains that I thought for sure would never come out. We had the carpet cleaner guy that our neighbor uses come do them and they look AMAZING!!! He spent 4 hours doing it all and he was drenched in sweat by the time he was done. But, I tell ya, they look as good as new. I was seriously astonished that he was able to get them looking so good. Our house is still turned up side down from moving everything off the carpet, but we feel so good about how clean it looks. We both agree that it was money well spent (and it was a good price too!). Here are some before and after pictures.

7 comments:

A.Pandina said...

You are very talented! I love that clock, how did you get the working parts...did it come from a kit? Also, that dress is so cute! Truely a talent to keep-don't let it fall by the way side.

janeen said...

I love the clock, how did you make it? The dress is cute too. And isn't it amazing how cleaning your carpets just makes thing s so much nicer.

janeen said...

I love the clock, how did you make it? The dress is cute too. And isn't it amazing how cleaning your carpets just makes thing s so much nicer.

Jenni said...

You are the busiest just-about-to-have-a-baby person I know!! :) What a great clock!! Someday I want to go to your Super Saturday too!! You guys always have such cute crafts!!

Debbie said...

everything is so cute! love, love, love the dress!

Moonsahra said...

Congratulations, cuz'! Grandma told me the good news when I talked to her yesterday night. Hopefully you're recovering nicely. I hope to see some pictures soon!

Kristine said...

did you have the baby? the last comment made it sound like you did. the baby probably was ready to start slowing you down. i love all the stuff you made, especially that dress.