Sunday, September 23, 2007

Welcome Baby Brynlee!

Brynlee Rebecca Loveridge
Born 9/18/07 at 6:34am
8lbs 11oz, 19 1/2"
Sorry about the delay in posting our exciting news, but our Internet has been down for days (that's a whole other story!). Our baby girl was born this past Tuesday and she sure did make a grand entrance. I was suppose to be induced because she was getting pretty big, but she decided to come earlier. A lot of you already have heard all the details, but for those who haven't, here is an approximate timeline of events leading up to her birth.

9/18/07
12:30am: I woke up with some contractions that were mildly painful.


1:00am: Woke Dan up and asked him what I should do. The contractions were only a little painful and not regular at all.


1:30am: Dan and I looked on the internet about "false labor" trying to figure out what was going on. Still the contractions were only a little painful.


2:00am: Called the on-call doctor to see what we should do. He said if we wanted to check we could to to the hospital to see if i was dilating and actually in labor.


2:10am: Decided to go back to bed and see if they got any worse.


2:10-4:30am: SLEPT. Obviously the contractions weren't THAT bad if I could sleep.


4:30am: Dan woke up for seminary and I got up to. Still had the not too painful contractions.


5:15am: Dan left for seminary. I told him to call me afterwards, before going to work, to see if they were getting any more intense or regular.


5:30am: Starting packing my bags for the hospital, just in case. Took a shower. Contractions were now getting a little more intense.


5:45am: Called Dan during seminary class and told him he should come home now. contractions were now painful enough that I was moaning and wanted to be getting to the hospital for drugs!


5:55am: Contractions now SUPER painful and frequent and I was paralyzed in pain and literally screaming as loud as humanly possible!! Oh, and Carson was still sleeping in his room.


6:00am: Was able to somehow lay down on the top of the bed...still screaming in pain!


6:03am: Water breaks on the bed...yuck!


6:05am: Dan gets home and sees/hears me screaming in pain and I tell him to call 911. Oh, and by the way, Dan remained calm the entire time, bless his heart.


6:10am: I am screaming, pushing, did i mention screaming!?! Carson wakes up and Dan takes him downstairs. Luckily our neighbor was outside and took care of Carson. Dan watches for ambulance.


6:15am: Paramedics arrive. One ambulance and two firetrucks! They hear me screaming from outside and rush upstairs. Dan sees that the baby is crowning and shows the paramedics. They say "looks like were having a baby here". I'm still screaming!!!


6:15-6:34am: More screaming, more pushing, more screaming, screaming, screaming and more screaming!!!!! Dan being very helpful during all of this.


6:34am: Baby girl is born on our bed....yuck....double yuck!!!


So, there you have it! It took a little work to get her to cry, but she did and we were all so happy. They packaged us all up and took us to the hospital (a different one than we were planning on having her at). The paramedic was pretty excited about his first delivery. I congratulated him and he did a great job! When we got to the hospital I felt like a celebrity. All of the ER staff were lining the walls and clapping and cheering as they wheeled me in. It was actually kind of embarrassing. Throughout our 2 day stay, people kept asking me all about it...it was pretty funny. So, I guess I'm now one of "those women", who somehow don't make it to the hospital in time and deliver their babies at home. Thank goodness we weren't in the car somewhere! I never, EVER thought it would happen like that...so fast! We feel very blessed that everything turned out great! But, I tell you, I would NEVER recommend doing it that way...it was soooo painful! Why would anyone want to have a baby naturally?? My next baby, I'm going to the hospital extra early and getting lots of drugs...maybe I can get an extra epidural to make up for the one I missed this time :) Anyway, we are loving our little baby girl...here are some pictures...




20 comments:

Mary said...

I seriously can't get over your birth story. Congratulations again! Baby Brynlee is a beauty! And Carson is one cute big brother!

Kristine said...

I can;'t believe you had her at home. Without Drugs. And then were still able to think about when you have the next one...I would have thought this is going to be my last.

She is so adorable. And so alert. She looks older than a newborn in the picture of her in the car seat.

Enjoy having her home. I hope you are recuperating well.

Unknown said...

Congratulations. She is beautiful. I can't wait to see her. Way to go Lynette. You amaze me. I am soooo glad everything went and that you are doing fine.

Mendy said...

Holy Moly, Lynette! You know I love a good birth story--and a quick one, to boot! Having that mess in my house is my worst fear!

Okay, in defense of no-drug births: the recovery! Come on, don't you think that it is easier without an epidural? I loved my 3 natural recoveries way more than my one epidural. Granted, the pain is ridiculously intense. I don't think you are going to have time for drugs again; babies come faster and faster, you know!

Oh--could your baby be any more gorgeous? She is a doll!

Malinda said...

Oh my GOSH!! I can not believe that. I am afraid that I am going to be one of those women someday. OUCH!! Props to you! Congrats on the new baby she is beautiful!!! You will have so much fun with a baby girl!!

ckcclan said...

Wow, that is a crazy story and you are absolutely amazing!! She is absolutely beautiful!!!!

A.Pandina said...

I love your version of Brynlee's birth, sorry to say...hilarious. I am proud of you, I always knew you were strong. Glad she's here and that everyone is healthy and happy.

Ken said...

I think she has her uncle's striking good looks.

Signed,

Her Uncle

Jen P. said...

Congratulations! I had to laugh out loud though, because after reading Dan's e-mail, I thought, what a nice fast delivery that must have been...I didn't realize that you didn't make it to the hospital! You're my hero! Brynlee is beautiful and I love the name. So happy for all of you! Hope your recuperation is little more dull...you've probably had enough excitement for a while!

Sara said...

Oh. My. Goodness. I cannot believe you had Brynlee at home! That is an awesome and crazy birth story! I'm just sorry it was so painful. This happened to my mother-in-law except the ambulence didn't get there in time and so my father-in-law delivered the baby.

Congratulations on a beautiful and healthy little girl.

Jen P. said...

By the way, this is Jen from Dan's work...just realized after that last comment that I don't have a profile, and you might know more than one Jennifer!

Jenni said...

So I heard tale of your birth story at card exchange, but WOW to actually read about the timeline!! Sheesh, she came fast!! But oh my goodness is she beautiful!! Congratulations!!!!:)

The Pugs said...

My personal Super Hero. Like I told you before...nothing can stop you now! We are so happy and excited for you. Brynlee is BEAUTIFUL.

janeen said...

I couldn't help but laugh as I read your post. Congrtaulation! I hope you and the baby are recovering well and that things will be a little less eventful or atleast less painful for a while now.
By the way I love the name Bynlee!

Anonymous said...

Lynette, Lynette! Congratulations, you beautiful mama! Brynlee is so lovely - what a perfect little face. And so pink and rosy. I am so proud of you - you are such an amazing woman. I can't wait to see your adorable little girl in person. I hope you are getting plenty of rest and recovering well. Congrats, again!

the design boss said...

You are the Women!! You are in my book the queen of all birthing stories! You win hands down! I am so proud of you and your sweet family, what troopers you are. She is so sweet and precious. Congratulations!

Moonsahra said...

I'm so glad that there was a neighbor around to take Carson. I can't imagine what he would have thought about all the screaming if had been awake to hear it! Congrats, again. I hope to meet her before she gets too big...

Debbie said...

oh my goodness, i have been gone and look what happens... you had your baby. congrats! she is beautiful!

Nettie! said...

Lynette you are so awesome! (BTW, my cousin had her baby at home by accident, too - before any professionals made it there. I am convinced people like you and her must have an amazing pain tolerance!!!) Brynlee is so gorgeous! She looks so extraordinarly beautiful for a newborn! Her coloring is perfect! I'm so happy for you and your family (and proud of you for what you did!) CONGRATULATIONS!

Rochelle Oleson said...

Congratulations! Wow I didn't know you had your baby already. What a beautiful baby girl. That must be so much fun. She is really beautiful!