Sunday, September 2, 2007

What a Weekend!

We’ve had some fun and exciting times this weekend. On Friday night we went to my friend, Robyn, from work’s Tastefully Simple party. She invited girls and guys so Dan and Carson came too! It was fun to taste all the food and Carson had a blast with their fun toys, pool, and dogs. We even bought a few things...yum!

On Saturday we went swimming in the morning, which is always fun. We sure are going to miss going to pool after it closes tomorrow. In the afternoon Dan had to go fulfill his assignment at the cannery. Shortly after he left the house, I was upstairs in our bedroom with Carson and he was pulling out the drawers on Dan’s dresser. He sometimes does this, but not very often. I usually tell him to push them back in and he’s pretty good about it. Well, all of the sudden....CRASH!!! I don’t know what he did to pull it down...b/c there is a TV on top so it’s not super light...but somehow he pulled the whole thing over. We have a few of our dressers and shelves bolted to the walls, but apparently not this one. The whole thing came down and knocked him over, but luckily didn’t really land on him. He was just to the side of the TV and I easily pulled him out from the drawers. He was scared...as was I...but we all quickly recovered. He had a good talking to and he kept saying all day that he “broke the TV...drawers fall down...hurt....scared”. Boy, that was a close one!

Once Dan got back and Carson had taken his nap, we went to the Maryland State Fair. It was a lot of fun and Carson loved it! We totally expected to let Carson ride one ride, but he was so good and didn’t whine or totally beg us to ride anything. So, we just looked at them and he was totally happy with that. He also especially loved the animals! They had some super cute little piglets, baby chicks, llamas, cows....etc! We had a great time and even tried a deep-fried snickers!
And today something crazy/awesome happened. A woman from church called earlier this week and said that she had some fabric that she wanted to donate to Crafts For Claire. Well, I went over there today and she wasn’t kidding....she had TONS of fabric!!! She truly was a mini “Joann Fabrics” store! She was soooo generous and let me pick out anything and everything I wanted. I kept asking her if I should stop and she told me to keep going. I felt kinda weird taking all of this, but I was like a kid in a candy store...I wanted everything! She was sooooo kind and generous and I ended up taking 57 bolts of fabric....plus more that was just folded....and binding....and ric rac....a couple patterns.....a sewing table.....and more!!! Can you believe all of that??? This is seriously hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of dollars worth of fabric! I am still blown away and feel guilty about taken so much....but she was so giving. The crazy part is that I didn’t even make a dent in her collection! Am I crazy and greedy for taking so much????
What a weekend! Tomorrow we hope to have some more fun with Dan home, then I’m off to work for the evening. We hope you all have a great Labor Day!!!

6 comments:

Nettie! said...

1.) So scary when something happens like that! Thank goodness Carson's o.k.

2.) I love taking my kids to the fair - we're going to ours this week and they just eat it up!

3.) No you are not greedy at all! It's for a good cause, she offered and you said she had a whole store in her house!

4.) When's your due date?!

Mary said...

Yikes Carson! I'm so glad he didn't get hurt!

The fair looks fun. Those baby pigs are cute!

Who the heck had that much fabric? You are going to have to build shelves to hold all of that. That's so great!

A.Pandina said...

I'm so relieved that Carson wasn't hurt. (amazed as well) I think I have learned from Carson's experience...before Samantha is born I'm gonna make Nick secure everything!

All that fabric must have sent you to heaven and back! Happy sewing.

~ Amy said...

Your fabric donation is amazing! Maybe with all the variety, you should make an "I Spy" quilt or two...

Jenni said...

Oh how scary about the dresser! So glad Carson wasn't hurt!

We need to check out the state fair - sounds fun!

So happy for ya that you got all that fabric! What a worthy cause it's going too!!

Mendy said...

Oh my gosh, Lynette! I can't believe he pulled that whole thing down. It could have been one of those things you see on Dateline. I am so glad Carson was unscathed!

How awesome that you got all of that fabric!