Wednesday, October 3, 2007

How do they get so smart?

Lately Carson has just blown us away with the things that he remembers and the connections that he makes. It's so fun to see him learn new things....and a little scary to see what things he copies. There have been quite a few times that he repeats funny things that we say. He also puts so many connections together, like when we see cars that look like other peoples cars he knows, he'll point them out to us and say "it's like papa's van"..etc. Today he shocked us a couple times with things he knew. He was "counting" and then he said "in spanish". He LOVES the show Go, Go, Diego, so we wondered if he learned some spanish from there. So, we helped him out by saying "uno", to which he replied "dos, tres". Apparently, he did learn some spanish from his favorite show. Dan and I were shocked! Then later that night, Dan was changing him into his pj's and said he was going to put him in little pants. I started singing "little pants" to the tune of "smelly cat" from the show Friends. We had sung that to Carson once before about a week or so ago. Carson looked at me and started singing "Smelly Cat, smelly cat"....how does he remember these things??? I'm just amazed that he remembers things and makes those kinds of connections. It's so fun seeing how smart he is getting. He also loves to read books and has been memorizing lots of sentences from the books. He is just so fun these days!!

On a different note, Brynlee had her first doctor's appointment today. The doctor said that she looked great! He said that she is obviously doing great breastfeeding. That made me feel good. I breastfed Carson for 6 months but had a lot of pain, so I've been very happy that things are going better this time around. The doctor also said that although you should try to keep your firstborn away from too many germs at first, that it is totally different with the second child and they can go out wherever you need to go. That made me feel good, since I've already taken her a bunch of places already and am planning to go to Hershey Park this saturday. Here are her stats from the doctor: weight - 9lbs 8oz, height - 21". Everything is going great!

5 comments:

The Pugs said...

I agree...we are in a super fun stage with our two year olds. Kyle's new thing is singing. It amazes us how much he remembers from songs...and then walks around the house singing them. The current favorite is 'Happy Birthday' (We went to a little friend's birthday party last Friday)

I am impressed that you're taking Brynlee to Hershey! You are a superwoman. I'm a little bummed because it means I won't get to see you, but I'll be okay!

Mary said...

Carson is so funny. I think 2 year olds are really in a fun stage.

I'm glad breastfeeding is going better the second time around. It makes all the difference!

Yeah for coming to Hershey Park! I'm excited!

Sara said...

Little kids are amazing. I love this stage... minus the temper tantrums. Everyday Mason surprises me something new.

So glad things are going well with Brynlee. Have fun at Hersey park. I've always wanted to go there.

Ruth said...

Hey, if you need a rest stop while you're at Hershey we are right around the corner! Let us know if you want to stop by. We would love to meet little Brynlee!

Jenni said...

Ha!! I love the "smelly cat" song!! It is amazing how much kids remember!

So glad the bfing is going well! Have fun at Hershey park!!:)