Thursday, April 10, 2008

I'm very blessed

So I've been complaining way too much lately. I thought I had good reason, but when I went to write my "complaining post", I just couldn't do it. I started it by writing the title "I'm sick of being sick" b/c we have had all sickness (strep, ear infection, pink eye, etc) in our house in the last 2 months. Every time someone seams to be getting better, we all get sick again...arghh! Which has made for many long nights, especially last night when I woke up 10 times to help the kiddos. Poor little Carson with his pink eye would wake up saying "My eyes...I can't see, my eyes!!!". It was so dramatic and sad. BUT, all that said, I really shouldn't be complaining. Both kiddos are on medications and hopefully are on the road to recovery. I'm just glad that they have these minor problems and not something more serious. For the most part they are healthy kids that sleep really well. They are a lot of fun and make me smile every day. I also have an awesome husband who is so hard working and always willing to help (well, he usually helps without me even asking...what a guy!) So, there you have it...I am very blessed!!

On another note, my parents are coming tomorrow...I can't wait! I'm really excited for them to come, the last time I saw them was at Thanksgiving. That's not super long ago, but when you have kids that keep growing and changing it's so fun for them to see them. I'm really excited for them to see how funny and smart Carson is and how adorable Bryn is (if I do say so myself). They'll be here tomorrow...yippee!!

And on an even other note...we went to Wegmans last night. We needed to go shopping, so why not drive an hour to go to the world's BEST grocery store ever? We of course had dinner there, which was especially yummy. Then did some shopping and bought our favorite cookies (Berger cookies baby!) and way too much bulk candy. It was a great trip...and well worth the drive :)

10 comments:

Mary said...

Good attitude! This has been a long winter with way too many diseases to catch hasn't it? I'm sad for Carson with his pink eye, that's no fun! Lindsey keeps asking if he can come over or go to the park or play. Hopefully he'll be better soon so you can enjoy this perfect weather!

After 10 night wake-ups, you deserve those berger cookies! YUM

Debbie said...

sorry to hear you guys have been so sick!

i am jealous that you only live an hour away from a wegmans. no one out here has ever heard of them, so sad!

Kristine said...

I miss wegmans too. No one understands what they are missing until they have been to one.

Have fun with yuor parents. I am sure they are more than excited to see your adorable kids.

the design boss said...

I'm so sorry you guys are sick! I hate it when we are all sick and I can never turn it around like that. Good for you!!

gwyn said...

You make me ashamed of my last complainy post! You always have such a great attitude, Lynette - I need to follow your example. I'm so sorry you've all been so sick! That is so frustrating, especially when no one is sleeping. Hope you are all feeling better soon and that you have fun with your folks!

Jill said...

Ok I was at Wegmans yesterday and have no idea what Berger cookies are. Now Barf cookies...those are delicious. You should con your mom into making them while she is there next week!

I hope you are all feeling better soon. We had the cold and flu invade our house at the end of February and I am just now getting rid of the constant cough.

Sara said...

Chad still doesn't understand why Wegmans is the best.

A.Pandina said...

Glad your kids are on the mend, 10 times is alot, more power to you.
I never did understand why you would drive all the way to Wegmans for dinner, but not go shopping...enjoy the benfits of Wegmans. It really is the best grocery store.
Enjoy your visit with your parents, tell them HI.

Unknown said...

Hey thanks for the comment. It is fun to find old friends. Your children are so cute! It looks like they are pretty similar in age to mine.

We'll have to catch up sometime and see where the almost 10 years have gone!

Marenda

Tiffany said...

Lynette!
I am so glad that you found me! You found me on Jen Scott's blog? I didn't even know you knew each other. I love blogging for this very reason :) Your kids are BEAUTIFUL!! How fun. What are you guys doing in the DC area? I am jelous- I would love to live back east. I am excited to keep in touch with you!
Tiffany