Friday, April 4, 2008

What's been going on...

The National Epilepsy Walk
Last Saturday I participated in the 2nd annual National Epilepsy Walk that took place on the National Mall in down town DC. 5 other friends joined me and together we made up "Team Claire-Bear". The team name is after my niece, who has epilepsy, and who I dedicated this walk to. We arose bright and early to take the metro and get down there by 8am. The walk was only about 2 miles, but it was so fun to be part of a big walk and walking with such fun friends! We even got to see some of the gorgeous cherry blossom trees and some fun kites flying for the kite festival. It was a great walk....GO TEAM CLAIRE-BEAR!!!

*************************************************************
Bryn is already 6 months!
I know I say this all the time....but I can't believe my baby girl is 6 months already! Where did the time go? She is sooo cute (if I do say so myself) and is getting more fun every day. She is still a bit "high maintenance", but she has definitely improved her social skills. She use to scream with just a glance from a stranger, but now she is usual content with being held by anyone. She is also very willing to look at you with her sparkly blue eyes and give you a big smile...i love it! I've still only seen her roll over once, but I know she can do it! She is also getting a little better sitting up on her own. She can't totally do it, but she's getting there. She has been sleeping great, except for last night b/c of her stuffy nose. She is also more interactive and likes to watch her crazy big brother. She is also growing like a weed...at her 6 month check up she was 19lb and 27 1/2"....needless to say she's been wearing anything from 6m to 18m clothes!
**********************************************************
Carson Sings!
Carson has been singing more and more lately. He can do his ABC's pretty good and also sing just about all the words to "I am a Child of God". He always sings so quietly, but it's really cute. He is also working on his dance moves and currently loves to dance to Michael Jackson. He is a typical 2 year old...a pain some of the time, but an absolute joy the other times. He makes me laugh every day, so I'll keep him!

**************************************************************
Ken and Roxie came to town!
My oldest brother Ken and his wife Roxie and their 4m old baby, Jake came to visit this past weekend. They were only here for a short visit, but it was a lot of fun. It was really fun to see their new baby boy....he sure is cute! Jake and Bryn liked to talk "baby talk" to each other and reach for each others hands...or face...while laying on the floor. Carson fell in love with Ken and Roxie. He would play with them all the time and when he woke up each morning would ask if they were still here. Too bad we don't live closer! We had a good time catching up, talking about our kids, seeing the cherry blossoms, and playing name that tune....thanks for coming, come again soon guys!!!!












6 comments:

Elise said...

I love that last picture of the two of them. So cute!

Doulabug said...

The cousins look alike! Very cute pictures. When are you headed to Rochester again???

Moonsahra said...

I hadn't seen a picture of Jake (at least not for a while). Super adorable! I love the expression on Bryn's face in the last picture. :D

Ken said...

All those pictures taken and THAT'S the best one you got?? Good grief, I've really gotta stop screwin' around...

The Wehrmeister's said...

Great Job on the Epilepsy Walk. You are a great sister. Your post is much more "postworthy" than my latest one. Now I have to go and think of something important to blog about.

By the way Brynn is stinkin adorable, but you know that.

Jill said...

I wish I could have been there to walk with you. It looks like you all had a lot of fun! Bryn and Carson are getting so big and are soooo adorable!! I can't wait to see them again!