Thursday, April 24, 2008

Why you do me like that Wal-Mart??

ARRGGHHH...You make me sooo mad Wal-Mart!!! I just got off of work at 11pm tonight and thought I would do some nice stress free, no kids shopping at Wal-Mart. I thought I would get a few things and maybe even try on some capris. Every mom knows how impossible it is to try on clothes when the kids are with you. I found 5 really cute pairs that I wanted to try on. So, I went over to the fitting rooms and there were 3 employees there putting clothes away. I asked to try on the clothes and they said that the fitting rooms close at 11pm! Since when do the fitting rooms close BEFORE the store closes...and it was barely after 11 anyways! I almost dropped my pants right there and tried them on!!! Now I have to somehow find time to go back there without the kids...or venture out to try on clothes WITH them...AND find the 5 cute pairs in my size that I wanted to try on tonight! I was so annoyed!!! And then I tried to do the rest of my shopping and could barely get around all the crap they were stocking. I really think that this may be the most GHETTO Wal-Mart in the WORLD!!

8 comments:

GFP said...

That freaking sucks! How ridiculous. With 3 employees there, you think one of them could have watched you closely to make sure you weren't going to steal stuff, while 1 put clothes away, and the other just stood there doing nothing. As far as the most gheto walmart, i doubt it. we have one in Irondequoit where the "express checkouts" have various times they are actually express. some are from like 6p-9p, then others from 7p-11pm. so, if you are standing in the express line, it might not actually be express anymore. that, along with other experiences there, have made us decide to never go to that one again. unfortunately, there are many other wally worlds around. good luck sista!

Jared said...

Laurel Wal-Mart = Ghettoland. Boooooooo Russett Wal-Mart boooo! I'm with you Lynette.

Ruth said...

Our WalMarts stay open 24hours, which I love. What I don't love is that if you are there late they are restocking and many of the aisles are difficult if not impossible to manuever. Plus, they don't apologize or move out of your way AT ALL.

I still shop there and I still like going late at night by myself. Sometimes being alone trumps all.

Lindsey and Josh said...

I feel your pain Lynette! It is so hard to try on clothes with kids. To actually have a moment to try on clothes alone and then be denied. That would make me mad too. Have you checked their story? They're probably lying because they're mad that they have to be at work and want to share their bad mood with you.
I have always thought Laurel Walmart was "special"!

Jenni said...

On our last datenight I totally made Adrian go shopping with me so I could try on clothes without children! It is horrible to try to do it with kids so I am so sorry!! And I totally agree that that Walmart is very ghetto!

Weir Family said...

I completely agree, even though I go to Walmart a few times a week I HATE them. When I was pregnant with Chase, which means in the middle of winter, I had both boys with me and asked an employee to get me a double cart. She said she couldn't because she had a medical condition and wouldn't even call anyone. Trying on things with kids, that may be even harder than trying to get walmart employees to help you!!

Sara said...

I'd be pretty ticked too!

Crystal said...

i was trying on a shirt once with brooke in the dressing room. the only bra i had clean and could find that morning was red. so of course brooke says as loud as possible. why are your boobies red? why are you wearing a red one mommy? it was pretty funny! but reason enough to go without the kiddos! you should have bought the pants, and then just turned around returned the ones you couldn't try on. they hate returns.