Friday, May 2, 2008

Prom and Poop!

Tonight I went over to help some of the young women from church do their hair for the prom. I am by NO means a hair dresser (you've all seen MY hair!), but I thought their hair turned out pretty good and they all three looked like princesses. It was fun to see them all giddy and excited to get all dressed up. Take a look at how pretty they are...


And on a pooper note...Carson went poopy in the potty today...yippee!!! Yes, my life is just that exciting! He actually "tried" to go earlier today, which is a HUGE improvement...usually he just cries and acts scared when we suggest it (he is basically 100% with the pee thing). I gave him a prize from the poopy box for giving it the good college try. Then later tonight, Carson had "the look" and we stuck him on the potty and he went poop...YIPPEEE!!! So, where did we go? Chuck-E-Cheese!! I know it sounds pathetic, but we have been promising him practically anything if he would just do it. So, we went to Chuck-E-Cheese at 8pm tonight and stayed for a little less than an hour and had a blast!! The ironic thing is that when we were there, Carson went poop again...in his pull-up...oh well! We're not going to Chuck-E-Cheese anymore, but it was a fun reward. We'll see how the pooping in the potty thing goes! Oh the joys of parenting.


OH, and one more picture...look at that little peanut!


9 comments:

the design boss said...

They girls look great!! I am really impressed! Congratulations Carson!! I have heard many times that boys just have a hard time letting there poop go, like they are somehow attached to it. It sounds crazy and I have never experienced that but it could be.

The Wehrmeister's said...

I always thought you did very cute things with your hair, but then again I was 17... So I'm sure you did great!!

Congrats on the poop. Hmmmm who would have ever thought I'd be saying that to you.

Tiffany said...

Very cute! What talent :) How fun to be in Young Womans. Do you just love that calling?

Jenni said...

You did such a great job with the girls' hair! I totally understand the big poopy party!! We were willing to do anything to get Ben to do it too!

gwyn said...

Those girls look beautiful! It made me homesick for Laurel ward seeing all those fun girls. And I don't usually get nostalgiac for teenagers! :) Give them a hug for me.
And congrats on the pooping. We made a big deal out of it for Eve when it finally happened. The things that you get excited about once you're a parent... Hope it continues to go well!

A.Pandina said...

What a major step! Way to go Carson! Way to go Mom and Dad for taking him to ChuckECheese, that is one part of parenthood I'm not looking forward to.

GFP said...

Hair....schmair.

Poop....schmoop.

CHECK OUT THAT MOHAWK! AWESOME!!! it makes an uncle proud!

Weir Family said...

Their hair looks great!! Good luck on the potty training thing, we're just starting with Brayden and he sits on the thing forever and then gets off and goes in his diaper.

Sara said...

I am so jealous of Carson's potty successes. Mason was doing so good and well, he has decided it just isn't worth his time to use the potty anymore. He doesn't want to stop playing. The novelty has run out I guess. Oh, and I could never get him to poop either. I'm a bit frustrated but trying not to inflect that on him because I know it will just make it worse. So, I guess we'll just try again later when he feels ready. :(.