Monday, February 2, 2009

Packin' Up

Is this really happening? Are we really moving? Do we really not know where we're moving to? Yep, it's really happening! We will be out of our house as of the 20th of this month...that's not very long from now! I just realized that maybe I should start packing up the house. But, how do you pack your house up when you are using all the stuff? A lot of stuff is already packed up and in storage, so that's good. Now we just need a place to live. We may have put another offer in on a house, but I won't say that, as not to jinx it our anything :) If we get it, then we should only have a week or so of homelessness (look out Pugs...here we come!). If we don't get it, we'll be hanging out in an apartment for a while. We went and checked one out tonight and it will do. I think we decided that instead of finding an apartment right next to Dan's work in VA, we will just get one right by where we live now so Carson, Bryn, and I can stay around friends and go to our same ward until we officially move into a house. No use uprooting the kids from everything they know just yet, right? But, alas, maybe we won't need to be in an apartment...we'll see. Either way, we are moving...in just over two short weeks. This brings on so many emotions for me. I am soo excited for a new bigger house, a real house, with a backyard and everything! But, I am extremely sad to leave our little townhouse. I'm not usually sentimental, but I love this house. It has been the perfect little starter house for us. I brought home my two babies to this house...heck, I HAD one of my babies in this house! I have so many fun and happy memories here. But, I know it will only continue in the next house. I'm also excited to make new friends. Sometimes I like having to introduce myself and meet new people. But, I'm also extremely sad to leave my friends here. I'm glad we will only be an hour or so away, so we can visit sometimes, but it won't be the same. I'll miss meeting friends for walks, going to the park, late night chats after enrichment nights, sit-n-chat, etc. I have never been in a ward before where I have truly felt like I had tons of REAL friends. I love it here! So, anyway, sorry to get so sentimental here. But, the reality of things has hit and I am getting a little sad...and a little excited! We'll keep you posted...we may be living in a van down by the river!

9 comments:

The Pugs said...

Does that mean your offer got accepted? Or just that you've got to get ready to get out of the house your in? Sorry I'm not able to help more.

Crystal said...

it'll all be okay. stuff always works out. i felt the same way when mike and i moved out of our town house and in to this house. but it will feel so much like home in the new place you'll adjust quickly.

Jenni said...

Wow, that is a short time! I hope everything works out for the best! Such a stressful time, but before you know it things will be settled. Have you looked into any extended stay places? We found a great extended stay apartment that worked out wonderfully while we were looking at houses. Best wishes!

Jolynn said...

Good Luck! I hope it all works out for you. I don't know how to pack in advance. I pack the whole two days before. That way we don't pack anything we need.

Wendi said...

Sorry about the dream house. Where are you guys looking to move? Good luck with finding a house you like as much as the previous one. You are lucky if you get a single family....oh how I wish for a bigger house...someday:)

And by the way, I didn't know you had one of your babies at home-what a woman!!!

Weir Family said...

That is so great and so sad, I know how hard it was to leave that ward-everyone is amazing! Good luck on the packing and move we'll be thinking of you!!!

Nettie! said...

Good luck with everything.

I love the van down by th river quote...that was such a funny skit!

Leslie Green said...

Lynette-I don't know if you have time to follow my blog, but when I say I can relate, I REALLY mean it!!! We are homeless in The Hague until we can find housing here. We live in a hotel room with our two cats. It's not a van by the river, but it's a room by a canal. :)

gwyn said...

Good luck to you, Lynette! We were doing exactly the same thing at almost exactly this same week last year, so my thoughts have been getting all sentimental lately, too. I still miss all you dear Laurel friends one year later! But you are such a fantastic person, you will light up your new ward. Everyone will be dying to get to know you.

We also had to stay in an apartment for over A MONTH while we waited to see what would happen with our house and it is hard to just cool your heels. That'll be great that your still in the ward and with friends - that will help alot. I'll keep you in my prayers!