Monday, August 27, 2007

I'm not ready for this.

Well, today starts the love/hate relationship that we have with seminary. Today was the first day of seminary, and since Dan is the seminary teacher, he was awake bright and early at 4:30AM this morning....ugghhh!!! He is such a trooper to wake up so early and hardly complain. He actually really enjoys teaching the youth, it's just the other stuff that comes along with it. Like planning a lesson every night, and going to bed early, so you can wake up early. I try hard to be supportive, but sometimes its really hard to go to bed at 9:30pm when I still have energy and want to do other things. Plus it doesn't help that I sleep in 3-4hours MORE than Dan does every morning. That will probably change once I have the baby though...ahh! We'll see how we do once that baby comes around. So, here we go with another school year full of early mornings and early evenings...wish us luck!

On a different note, we went down to Bealeton, VA to hang out with our good friends, the Pugmires. We spent the night friday and then hung out all day saturday. Then saturday night they drove up here and spent the night at our house and went to church the next morning. Tami was Young Women's president right before me, and one of our girls was getting her Young Women's Recognition Award...Go AMY!! It was nice to hang out with them and let our boys spend some times together. Also, Tami gave me the cutest swimsuit for our baby girl...just look how cute it is........... Thanks Pugs, you guys are the greatest!!!!

6 comments:

Jenni said...

That seminary thing must be so hard!! Good luck with this year! With a new baby and all it sounds like you guys might have more than your share of sleep deprivation!

That is an adorable swimsuit! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, what's it like to sleep in until 4:30am? I was up at 1am to be at work at 2am this morning. fun stuff! ok, back to napping.

the design boss said...

I feel for you! I would never like to get up that early for anything, except maybe shopping the day after Thanksgiving! I can't wait to see your sweet little girl, if she is anything like Carson she will be adorable!

Nettie! said...

Good luck! (I need some too, in order for me to exercise before Audrey goes to school, I have to be up at 5am to read my scriptures, pray and get ready to go exercise! It's hard but is so worth it!)

Anonymous said...

Yeah I don't miss the days of seminary (when I attended or when John taught it). Too early. These kids on the West Coast don't know how lucky they are to have release time seminary.

And that bathing suit is cute. Alessia had a cute Carters one and she outgrew it so fast so beware. Of course I have chunky kids. Alessia is only 7 months and is in an 18mth swim suit. Everything else is the normal 6-9 month size though.

Enjoy the last few weeks of being a mom to only one.

Mendy said...

How cute is that swimsuit Tami got your baby!

I think it would be lonely to have my spouse go to bed so early every night!