Friday, August 10, 2007

More sewing....

Well, as if you're not sick of all my sewing junk, here are some more things I've been working on lately. I've totally been having fun with the little pants. They are super easy and fun to come up with fun new ideas to do with them. I think my little girl will have plenty of pants! The fake "hooter hider" is fashioned after the real "hooter hiders" or "Bebe au Lait" that you can see here. My friend Ruth had one and she said it was great. The strap goes around your neck and then there is a foot of stiff boning at the neck so you can see your baby and she can see you. It's also made out of just one layer of cotton, so it's not hot and heavy. I'm really hoping it will work great to keep me decent while nursing the baby. The next couple pictures are of a baby blanket I made, I may keep it for my baby girl, I'm still deciding. It was super easy, but has some fun quilting on it. The middle part says "baby girl" over and over. Next is a picture of some more carseat blankets. Then the next few pictures are of a dress I made for my little girl. The pretty white skirt material has white embroidered flowers on it. My friend Tami got that material in Mexico and gave me some...it looks so pretty as a dress! I was really excited about how this dress turned out and I can't wait to see my little lady in it. I'll have to wait about a year though :) And the last few pictures are of a baby boy quilt that I just finished. Sorry to bore you with all the explanations.


Pants, pants, and MORE pants!

"Hooter Hider" bag

Fake "Hooter Hider"



Baby Girl Blanket

Soft back of blanket

More carseat blankets


Black & White Dress front


Black & White dress back



Baby boy quilt

Loops and stars quilting

Back of quilt

10 comments:

Malinda said...

okay girlie!! you are amazing. You need to come down to Arizona and teach me your tricks. That dress is beautiful!! you should make them and sell them. I am serious. I would buy one!!!

Ruth said...

When will you be opening your Etsy shop? I'm serious. I totally loved my hooter hider. It was the best. FYI, At the bottom of mine they put burp cloth material which came in handy for the little spills. That dress is so gorgeous! You go girl!

Mary said...

I love it all! You are so talented and creative! I'm kind of jealous of your skills and your drive to get projects started and finished!

The hooter hider turned out so cute. And the quilts are lovely. But my favorite thing is the dress. So pretty! You will need to take your little girl in for pictures in that dress, or have Amy do them. That fabric is beautiful!

Nettie! said...

You are a sewing goddess! Go you!!!

A.Pandina said...

Such talent! WOW - I still want a carseat blanket from you.

Man, you make me feel bad that I am not making anything for my expected bundle of joy. I still have 20 weeks...maybe I should start something.

Debbie said...

they are all so cute! did you do the loops and stars on the baby boy quilt? i have always wanted to learn how to do that.

Unknown said...

You amaze me!!! You have caught all the sewing bugs. Go Lynette. Way cute. Love the all.

April said...

Hi! I'm Ruth's sister. She told me I had to see all of your beautiful creations. They are so gorgeous! What an inspiration you are! I will definitely be checking in to see what you have created!

Malinda said...

How much do you sell your car seat carriers for?

the design boss said...

That little white dress looks like you! You should make one for you too and then you would be twins!! You are so talented!