Saturday, February 10, 2007

First Kiss!

Today is our "First Kiss" anniversary. I don't know why we still remember this, but we sure do! It was four years ago when I made the bold move to go to my friend Dan's house after he didn't show up for a Valentines Dinner at church (we were in the Singles Ward together). We were already pretty good friends but I had never been to his apartment before and I pretty much invited myself over (although, I don't think he was too upset about that). I was over there for a couple hours and we just sat on the couch and talked. I could tell that maybe he was trying to make a move b/c he would sit close and occasionally touch my knee. Dan said that he thought I wanted to be kissed b/c I wouldn't leave. So, after a lull in the conversation I said "now what should we do?"...and Dan replied "I can think of something we can do" and kissed me! Just a peck of course, and then I started bursting up laughing. He was wondering why I was laughing and it was just b/c it was so corny what he had said..."I can think of something we can do". We still laugh about that to this day. So, that was the kick-off of our relationship. From that night on, we pretty much assumed we were a couple. It was all too easy. Happy first kiss!

2 comments:

Jenni said...

We totally celebrate our first kiss anniversary too!! It was 10 years for us this last December! :) Cute story!!

Anonymous said...

You write very well.