Wednesday, February 28, 2007

How RUDE!

So, tonight Dan and I were getting into our car in a parking lot and I was sitting in the passenger seat while Dan was getting Carson buckled in his carseat and this crazy lady started honking at Dan b/c she wanted to pull into the spot right next to us (there were plenty of spots all around). So, Dan pulled the door closer in while he finished with Carson and she continued to honk at him. So, he finished and closed the door and got into the driver's seat. Well, she pulls in and swings her door open and hits our car. This made us a little mad and Dan got out of the car and asked her what she was doing. She was totally rude and said it was unintentional. I'm sure it was just as unintentional as all the honking. Dan told her we were getting our baby in his seat and she was just rude and walked off. What's up with that?? I'd like to say that we were civilized about it (and we would've just let it go if she didn't swing her door open too), but we might have "accidentally" hit our car door into her car before we left the parking lot. Okay, so we're not that mature. But she was totally rude!!! We usually don't get worked up over things, but I didn't feel too bad about giving her a piece of our minds. Why do some people have to be so rude!?! I'll go repent now :)

7 comments:

The Pugs said...

That would have gotten me HEATED up too!

Mendy said...

That is the craziest thing! I can't believe her rudeness.

Unknown said...

I think you handled that a lot better than I would have. And if Jared was there he would have had a thrown down with the lady. I would have stood in her space that she was trying to get into and would have taken my time putting my kids in the car. People like that, I have no tolerance for. And then hitting your car. Oh, that would have been bad!!!

Mary said...

Oooo, that makes me mad just reading about it! What a meanie for the honking alone, but then to hit your car too!!! You guys handled that just right :)

janeen said...

It drives me nuts when people are waiting for a spot when there are plenty all around. I take my precious time b/c those kind of people irratate me so much.

Jenni said...

Wow I'm sorry, that is soooo horrible!!

Once after finally finding a spot in a crowded mall parking lot we got out of the car and heard a slew of foul words from someone who I guess thought they should have gotten the spot. We had totally waited for this spot and the other guy had just come out nowhere. It was actually really scary - the guy followed us in his car while we were walking just yelling and swearing at us... I don't know why people are so tightly wound!

Anonymous said...

I am appalled, that woman should be ashamed of herself! I found the rest of your story hilarious! Don't feel too badly, I can't say that I would have done anything differently.