Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Time Out!


Today I told Carson that he needed a time out for touching the computer yet again (he's been told not to plenty) and he just looked at me and walked over to his time out spot (the steps) and sat there. I waited a minute and went to get him and he was just sitting there so good. Why was that so easy?? Does this mean that time outs aren't working for him or he is just an angel and goes to time out by himself and sits till I come get him. I don't know. So far, he is being really good with the time outs. The trick is if he stops doing what he originally went to time out for. Ahh, the joys of parenting. We're having fun.
*Here's a picture of Carson eating Chili tonight...and no, he's not making any obscene gesture.

3 comments:

Jenni said...

I think you have a star time-outer!! I call it a success as long as they don't come out of time out and go right back to doing the naughty thing. :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I've heard you have to tell kids to do something or not to do something about 20 times before it actually sinks in. They're all just learning. I'm very impressed that he's doing so well with the time-outs. I loved it that he went and sat down himself. What a good boy!

Ken said...

That's a disgusting picture and I'm highly offended by it (okay, not really...).

Go Carson!